2018 Show Review
“There was an overwhelming sense that the people and companies represented there are at the cutting edge, shaping the future of the automotive industry.” This sentiment – voiced by Bentley Motor Cars’ Technical Manager, Raymond McWilliams – was echoed by many of the thousands of attendees who flocked to Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo Europe in May.
- Europe’s biggest H/EV and battery show enjoyed a 54% surge in attendance in second year, confirming its place as the industry’s fastest growing event
- The trade fair hosted 368 exhibitors, including some of the biggest names in the industry such as Volkswagen, Valeo, Continental, Bosch Rexroth, Siemens, LEONI, Voltabox, Panasonic, Akasol, 3M, and more, all showcasing their latest H/EV and battery technology and services.
- The floor space doubled from the trade fair’s inaugural year to a vast 20,000m², making room to accommodate the high footfall from 6,000+ OEMs, manufacturers, suppliers and stakeholders from a diverse range of markets
- The Product Showcase drew vast crowds to exhibitor stands to see live demos such as Voltabox’s smart modular battery systems and Siemens’ future-orientated battery production. Plus, Paraclete Energy demoed its silicon metal-based SM Silicon, Henkel AG showcased its flexible thermal solutions for EV powertrain, and HUBER+SUHNER impressed attendees with its new high-power charging system boasting charging times below 15 mins.
- In the three-track conference and new pre-conference workshops, 669 delegates from top automotive and battery sector companies vied for seating as crowds assembled to hear industry heavyweights tackle the hottest topics of the moment. Speakers included technical experts from Northvolt, Renault-Nissan, A123 Systems, Johnson Controls, Daimler, TerraE, Toyota, Porsche Engineering, LG Chem and Mitsubishi Motors
Facts and Figures
Videos from Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology 2018
Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo 2018 - The highlights!
Alexander Ruppercht, Director of Business Segment Vehicle Electrification, Continental.
Marcus Hafkemeyer, Vice President, Research and Development Electric Powertrain, BAIC BJEV.
Stephen Lambert, Hybrid and EV Technologies Lead, McLaren Applied Technologies.
“I've attended and participated in many conferences over the past 7 years, and this was certainly the best run.”
Wasim Sarwar, Battery Systems Engineer, Williams Advanced Engineering
“This show attracts the whole value chain for electric vehicles, from the materials all the way to the OEMs."
Pankaj Arora, Global Market Segment,Head of E-Mobility, Henkel
“I never experienced such a dense e-mobility know-how and networking opportunities in one place”
Peter Steinbrueck, Development Engineer, Benteler Automotive