Pre-eminent industry speakers set to take the stage in 2018
The hotly anticipated The Battery Show Conference Europe and Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Conference Europe is set to welcome some of the biggest names in battery and H/EV technology to the stage.
Taking place on 15-17 May 2018 in Hanover, Germany, the conference delves into the most prominent industry talking points – from the next frontier in vehicle electrification to optimising battery efficiency and performance through energy recovery and electric turbocharging.
Unravelling these topics are experts from notable companies throughout the industry. Confirmed speakers set to share their unique insights include:
- Christian Senger, Vice President of e-Mobility Product Line, Volkswagen
- Genis Turon, Senior Engineer - Production Engineering Advanced Technology, Toyota
- Norbert Riegal, Senior Manager, Advanced Automotive Batteries, LG Chem
- Christoph Fehrenbacher, Managing Director for Europe, A123 Systems
- Martin Anderlind, Director, Northvolt
- Limhi Somerville, Lithium-ion Specialist, Jaguar Land Rover
- Holger Gritzka, Chief Operating Officer, TerraE
- Florian Joslowski, Lead Engineer for High-Voltage Systems, Porsche Engineering Services
- Sankar Dasgupta, Chief Operating Officer, Electrovaya
- Frank Blome, Head of Centre of Excellence Battery Cells, Volkswagen
- Marcus Hafkemeyer, Vice President of R&D Electric Powertrain, BAIC BJEV
- Pascale Herman, Thermal Systems Marketing Director, Valeo
- Dave Barnett, Business Development Director, Wrightbus
Building on the success of 2017’s event, next year’s conference offers a comprehensive format featuring three tracks, as well as new pre-conference workshops. Taking place on Monday 14 May, the workshops explore how to define the optimal testing strategy for evaluating battery and electric vehicle safety through testing.
Providing a backdrop to the discussions is Hanover, a city that pioneers e-mobility and which is a major regional hub for automobile construction. Millions of new vehicles are manufactured here every year, meaning demand is increasing for suppliers of batteries and other e-mobility components as vehicle manufacturers consider more sustainable build options. The conference will take place in the vast exhibition space of the Hanover Messegelände and offers an unparalleled opportunity to keep your finger on the pulse of industry developments and engage in lively discussion. Make sure you’re part of the conversation by booking a super early bird pass – offering savings of up to €500.
Running parallel to the conference a free-to-attend trade fair,The Battery Show, co-located with Electric & Hybrid Vehicle Technology Expo Europe welcomes industry players from around the world. Specialist suppliers with a presence at the show include Valeo, Continental, Bosch Rexroth, LEONI, TE Connectivity, Voltabox, Siemens and HUBER+SUHNER, among hundreds of others.
The event launched in 2017, and in just one year is on track to double in size. Due to unprecedented demand, the floor plan has been extended to accommodate hundreds of exhibitors, all set to showcase manufacturing solutions from across the entire battery and electric vehicle supply chain. Thousands of design, production and manufacturing solutions for battery and H/EV applications will be on display and featured in live product demonstrations.
Excitement is mounting. Hundreds have already registered to attend the trade fair, and 5,000 attendees are anticipated in Hanover next May. Registration is free – register for a free pass here.