Download our free webinars to gain expert insight on industry talking points including the impacts of fast-charging on the H/EVs, batteries and charging systems, and ADAS sensors needs for the car of tomorrow.
Improving Energy Density, Lifespan and Affordability of EV Components Through Thermal Management Materials
Electric vehicles (EV) are nearing an inflection point where they will begin to replace vehicles powered by internal combustion engines. Much of this is driven by regulation and advancements in battery technology. Automotive battery packs generate heat that is often managed by connecting cells and/or modules to a heat sink through a thermal interface material. As EVs become more prevalent, continued innovation in thermal management solutions for battery packs will occur. This webinar will provide an overview of thermal management materials used in EVs, as well as to show how thermal conductivity, power density and weight reduction for EVs is addressed, making it a serious alternative to combustion engines.
This webinar discusses the following topics:
- How thermal management materials address EV limitations in range, reliability and cost by drawing heat away from components and improving energy density, lifespan and affordability.
- Pros and cons of a cure-in-place liquid-dispense gap filler or a pre-cured thermal pad (also called gap pad).
- New flame-resistant coatings that can help mitigate prevent thermal runaway in case of a fire.
- Data from internal testing, as well as third party testing.
- Conclusions and recommendations that include tradeoffs on cost, manufacturability and performance.
The webinar is sponsored and features speakers from LORD Corporation.